Thursday, September 16, 2010

WebElf Silenced

~ BACK IN THE DAY, I thought that perhaps Mark Steyn's book-title Lights Out: Islam, Free Speech And The Twilight Of The West might be a little overwrought. Lights out? really?

Mark was quoting Viscount Edward Grey-- who is probably best remembered for the remark he made to a friend one evening just before the outbreak of the First World War, as he watched the lights being lit on the street below his office: "The lamps are going out all over Europe. We shall not see them lit again in our time".

Well, somebody just shut down my ability to run Free Canuckistan freely. Not quite as bad as the special treatment meted out twice to Marginalized Action Dinosaur, but still. Who? Looks like Asad Raza or somebody else is targeting Free Mark Steyn, and I'm now forbidden to post new material here for the moment.

So I got this.. "Warning: We have a concern about some of the content on your blog. Please click here to contact us as soon as possible to resolve the issue and re-enable posting."

No details, evidence, contact info.. blog disabled because of.. none of your business, puny blogger!

This is probable jihad, asshattery, lawfare, and attempted silencing of the web. I will be downloading all my files from here, and looking for a new blog-home ASAP if they continue.. nah, I'll make a backup site anyway, and double-post.

The lights are going out, peeps. Now is the time for all good men and women of the West to consider their futures. Will they shut up or be silenced? Hope they are fed to the alligator last? Or stand and fight, even if the odds are long, and the future uncertain and darkening.

The last time I was silenced, irate Episcopalian liberal webmasters (out of LA & NYC) twice hacked my Anglican news blog offline (the second time, deleting weeks of archives). I'm still here.

Any good suggestions for new blogging sites with a solid free speech policy?

Binks



Minions:

Answering some questions:

(1) I'm not self-hosting, just using the free WordPress blog site via WordPress.com.

(2) The actual blog hasn't been taken offline, but I cannot currently post, edit or do anything to it whatsoever, due to a WordPress block on my account.

(3) All I've received directly from them is "Warning: We have a concern about some of the content on your blog. Please click here to contact us as soon as possible to resolve the issue and re-enable posting." No reasons, no details, no references to which post or material. Guilty until.. proven guilty?

Yer buddy,

Binks

5 comments:

  1. I hear you marginalizedactiondinosaur.net is still not up yet.

    I like how he sends out emails saying
    Asad the anti free speech thug, didn't tell them to shut down your blog.



    You will not be the last either.

    The libs want to silence all that freespeechery on the web, it will get worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just tweeted this. Keep fighting, Binks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We need a Tea Party movement and we need it fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you using a USA based server? Find out who hosts Jihad Watch (or Gates of Vienna). Have a list of wimp servers and hero servers.

    And, finally, can one of the lawyers (Coulter, we NEED you!) counter sue him for removing your right to comment under the Canadian Charter of Rights?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ya i too faced this problem,
    but i recovered my blog within one hour,
    by following this tutorial

    http://mycircuits9.wordpress.com/2011/12/29/recover-your-censoredblocked-wordpress-blog/

    hope this you

    ReplyDelete